ACSUG is announcing the initiation of the procedures for production and publication of the corresponding calls for applications for Autonomous Community compensation bonuses. Updates on all of the information corresponding to these procedures will be available through this web page.
Autonomous Community compensation bonuses
Seminar on Monitoring of Official Degree Programs
On December 5, the ACSUG held a seminar at the University of Santiago de Compostela's Department of Biology in collaboration with the Vicerectorship of Social Responsibility and Quality, which was directed towards the coordinators of undergraduate and master's degree programs. The objective of the seminar was to discuss key aspects of the monitoring process and to respond to questions regarding the monitoring self-reports for the degree programs. Documentación
ACSUG attends the 8th European Quality Assurance Forum (EQAF) in Gothenburg, Sweden
ACSUG participated in the 8th European Quality Assurance Forum (EQAF), which took place at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden from November 21-23, 2013. The EQAF is an annual forum that allows exchange of experiences related to higher education by all of the interest groups involved: students, universities, university quality agencies, etc.
The FIDES-AUDIT Program. Phase of certification of implementation of the SGCs
The call for participation by university schools and departments in the certification process for implementation of Quality Guarantee Systems (SGCs) has now been published. The period for submitting requests for this certification begins on November 11, 2013 and ends on December 15, 2013.
Universities interested in participating should use Annex II found in the Certification Guide, and may indicate a maximum of four schools or departments.
ACSUG holds informational seminars on degree program monitoring and accreditation and certification of Quality Guarantee Systems (SCGs)
ACSUG is presenting universities in the SUG with its program for renewal of accreditation for official degrees, as well as its certification program for implementation of quality guarantee systems and the monitoring report for the 2011, 2012, and 2013 calls for participation.
These seminars will be held at each of the three universities, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- November 5, 2013 at the University of A Coruña. Computer Science Department Classroom 3-2.
- November 7, 2013 at the University of Santiago de Compostela. Biology Department Lecture Hall.
- November 8, 2013 at the University of Vigo. Legal Sciences Presentation Room.
Certificates will also be awarded to the schools and departments that participated in the pilot project for implementation of the SGCs:
- University of A Coruña: Department of Computing and Department of Economics and Business.
- University of Vigo: School of Telecommunications Engineering and Department of Biology.
- Guía para la certificación de la implantación de Sistemas de Garantía de Calidad (Certification Guide for Implementation of Quality Guarantee Systems).
- Guía de evaluación para la renovación de la acreditación de títulos oficiales de grado y máster (Evaluation Guide for Accreditation Renewal for Official Undergraduate and Master's Degrees).
- Informe sobre el proceso de seguimiento de títulos oficiales de grado y máster (convocatorias 2011, 2012 y 2013) (Report on the Monitoring Process for Official Undergraduate and Master's Degrees (2011, 2012, and 2013 Calls for Applications)).
- Press release
- Presentation by ACSUG director
- Presentation by ACSUG specialists
ACSUG attends ENQA General Assembly in Vilnius, Lithuania
The General Assembly of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) took place in Vilnius, Lithuania from October 29-30, 2013. The director of the ACSUG, which is a full-rights member of the ENQA, attended this meeting where a variety of topics* related to this organization were discussed.
ACSUG becomes a member of the European Consortium for Accreditation (ECA)
The European Consortium for Accreditation in higher education (ECA) was created in 2003, with the fundamental purpose of establishing mutual recognition of the accreditations granted by quality agencies that are members of the organization. The ECA also provides opportunities for mutual learning and exchange of best practices on subjects related to higher education.
Representatives from the agencies belonging to the ECA can participate in the activities and meetings of the work groups that have been established to cover a variety of subjects: mutual recognition and joint programs, institutional accreditation and auditing, and mutual learning and sharing of best practices. ECA members can also participate in European projects coordinated by the association, as well as in other events, seminars, and conferences that are organized on a regular basis. The ACSUG has been a member of the ECA since June 2013.
Evaluation of university schools and departments at the Néstor Cáceres Velásquez Andean University in Juliaca, Peru
In November 2012 the ACSUG and the Néstor Cáceres Velásquez Andean University (UANCV) in Peru signed an agreement by means of which the ACSUG will carry out evaluation and certification activities at the university as part of a program to establish a quality assurance system there.
This evaluation process consisted of various phases:
- A self-evaluation process to be carried out by the university school or department.
- External evaluation, including visits to the schools and departments, carried out by a committee of evaluators assigned by the ACSUG.
- Production of a final report by the ACSUG containing the results of the evaluation.
Evaluation of the following schools, departments, and professional academic programs was carried out in 2013:
Department of Health Sciences:
- Obstetrics Professional Academic Program
- Nursing Professional Academic Program
- Pharmacy and Biochemistry Professional Academic Program
- Dentistry Professional Academic Program
The two external evaluation committees assigned by the ACSUG visited these centers from October 1-4, 2013, and are currently involved in the phase of production of the provisional reports. Specific agreements were also signed for evaluation and accreditation of the following departments and professional academic programs during 2014:
Department of Accounting Sciences:
- Accounting Professional Academic Program
Department of Education Sciences:
- Education Professional Academic Program (specialized in elementary education)
Department of Legal and Political Sciences:
- Law Professional Academic Program
Department of Systems Engineering:
- Systems Engineering Professional Academic Program
Department of Engineering and Physical Sciences:
- Civil Engineering Professional Academic Program
- Mechanical-Electrical Engineering Professional Academic Program
- Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering Professional Academic Program
- Industrial Engineering Professional Academic Program
- Mechatronics Engineering Professional Academic Program
- Architecture and Urbanism Professional Academic Program
- Health and Environmental Engineering Professional Academic Program
Report on the status of external quality evaluations in Spanish universities (2012)
Spain's National Agency for Quality Evaluation and Accreditation (ANECA) and the quality agencies from Spain's Autonomous Communities have published their report on the status of external quality evaluations in Spanish universities, corresponding to the year 2012. View report.
ACSUG participates at the 10th International Forum on Quality Evaluation for Research and Higher Education (FECIES in Spanish)
INVITED SYMPOSIUM:"FUNCTIONS OF THE AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITY AGENCIES: ACCREDITATION OF TEACHING STAFF AND VERIFICATION OF DEGREE PROGRAMS" coordinated by ACSUG President María Patrocinio Morrondo Pelayo, with the participation of UNIBASQ Assistant Director José Manuel Valle, Professor Marco Schaerf from the La Sapienza University of Rome, and ACSUG Director J. Eduardo López Pereira.
- DEBATE SESSION: "EMPLOYABILITY AS A CRITERION FOR CAREER SELECTION AND ELIMINATION OF DEGREE PROGRAMS" with the participation of María Carmen Fernández Montes, specialist from the Programs Unit. Head of the Labor Market Insertion Program for SUG graduates.
- WRITTEN PRESENTATION: "ANALYSIS BY FIELD OF STUDY OF THE RESULTS OBTAINED IN THE LABOR MARKET INSERTION STUDIES FOR GRADUATES OF THE GALICIAN UNIVERSITY SYSTEM" participation by María Carmen Fernández Montes, specialist from the Programs Unit. Head of the Labor Market Insertion Program for SUG graduates.
- ORAL PRESENTATION: "ACTIONS FOR IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF OFFICIAL DEGREE PROGRAMS FOR THE FIELDS OF ENGINEERING AND ARCHITECTURE" with participation by María Paula Rios de Deus, specialist from the Programs Unit.
Results of the evaluation prior to hiring of teaching staff and report prior to exceptional hiring of collaborators now available for 2013
The evaluation and/or report for the 2013 call is now available to all who request a copy, and the resolutions can be picked up at ACSUG headquarters from June 28 to July 5, 2013. After this period the resolutions will be sent by mail. The opening hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
ACSUG Contributes to the 4th ENQA News Bulletin
Since 2012 the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) has been periodically publishing a news bulletin, which serves as a platform for its members to share relevant information on topics related to Higher Education in Europe. The ACSUG contributed to the recently published 4º bulletin, with a notice regarding the labor market insertion studies carried out by the agency.
Monitoring Audit of the ACSUG carried out by AENOR
In January 2013 the company AENOR performed an external monitoring audit of the ACSUG management system, which includes coverage of the ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 standards and the EMAS of 2009 Retulations. The ACSUG passed this audit satisfactorily and the contents of the ACSUG 2012 environmental statement were approved. Since AENOR is a member of IQNet, the certifications received are internationally recognized.
External auditing for data protection
On January 29, 2013 an external audit was performed at the ACSUG by consulting firm LOPDAT, in relation to compliance with the regulations in effect on data protection.The results of this audit concluded that the ACSUG is performing appropriate management and has implemented all of the necessary measures related to data security and protection: files registered with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (AEPD in Spanish), a protocol for backup copies, management of media and documents, access control and password management, etc.
The FIDES-AUDIT Program. Certification Phase for Implementation of the SGICs
The call for participation by university schools and departments in the pilot project for certification of implementation of SGICs has now been published. The period for submitting requests for certification begins on April 9, 2013 and ends on April 24, 2013.
The publication “Estudio de la inserción laboral de los titulados universitarios en el sistema universitario de Galicia 2008-2009” (Labor Market Insertion Study for Graduates from the Galician University System, 2008-2009) is being released
On Wednesday, April 3 at 11:00 a.m. presentation of the publication: ESTUDIO DE LA INSERCIÓN LABORAL DE LOS TITULADOS UNIVERSITARIOS EN EL SISTEMA UNIVERSITARIO DE GALICIA 2008-2009 (LABOR MARKET INSERTION STUDY FOR GRADUATES FROM THE GALICIAN UNIVERSITY SYSTEM, 2008-2009) will take place at ACSUG headquarters. The event will include participation by the Councilor for Culture, Education, and University Planning as well as the President and Director of the ACSUG.
This publication is one of the periodic labor market insertion studies for graduates from the Galician University System that have been produced by the ACSUG since the year 2001. The results obtained from this study provide information on aspects related to the transition of graduates from university studies to the labor market, including the percentage currently working, the employment search channels used, factors considered as valuable in the hiring process, time required to find employment, type of employment contract, and the skills and abilities most important for finding employment.
Call for Evaluation Prior to Hiring of Teaching Staff and Report Prior to Exceptional Hiring of Collaborators
By means of the Resolution of February 4, 2012 issued by the President of the ACSUG (Official Journal of Galicia (DOG) of March 26, 2013),the ordinary call for evaluation prior to hiring of university teaching staff by universities in the Galician University System was approved and the period for submittal of requests was opened.
By means of the Resolution of February 4, 2012 issued by the President of the ACSUG (Official Journal of Galicia (DOG) of March 26, 2013), the ordinary call for obtaining a report prior to exceptional hiring of collaborating university teaching staff by universities in the Galician University System was approved and the period for submittal of requests was opened.
- ACCESS TO THE APPLICATION FOR SUBMITTING A REQUEST. These two calls for requests can be accessed through the same computer application. If a request is being made for the evaluation and the report related to both calls, it will only be necessary to register once.
- Frequently Asked Questions (provides answers to basic questions about these two procedures)
1st Best Practices Seminar for the DOCENTIA Program
The 1st Best Practices Seminar for the DOCENTIA program will take place on February 26, 2013. For more information and to sign up to participate, go to http://www.aneca.es
Publication of the ICU 2011 report
The National Agency for Quality Evaluation and Accreditation (ANECA) and the Autonomous Community agencies are publishing their “Informe sobre el estado de la evaluación externa de la calidad en las universidades españolas, 2011” (Report on the Status of External Quality Evaluations for Spanish Universities, 2011).