Director: Mr. D. José Eduardo López Pereira
The Director of the Agency is appointed by the Minister of Education and University Planning, on the advice of the Board of Directors.
- Act as the Agency's executive body. Carry out and ensure observance of the Board of Director's agreements.
- Run, organise, manage and inspect the activities of the Agency, in accordance with the directives of the Board of Directors.
- Present the organisation and operating proposals for the different activities and programmes promoted by the Agency to the Board of Directors.
- Report to the Board of Directors on the development of the Agency's activities and programmes and carry out the functions ordered or delegated by the Board.
- Draft and submit the annual budget proposal and its modifications for examination and, if appropriate, approval by the Board of Directors.
- Carry out the financial management in accordance with the approved budget and the operating rules, and supervise the Agency's accounting management.
- Manage the Agency's assets in accordance with the directives of the Board of Directors and within the framework of the delegations made for this purpose by the Board.
- Oversee the upkeep and maintenance of the Agency's facilities and equipment.
- Exercise the hiring, administration and management functions for the Agency's own or assigned staff.
- Oversee the improvement and quality of the working methods for the introduction of technology innovations.
- Inform the Chairman of the Board of Directors of everything required to fulfil the above duties properly and submit any proposals deemed necessary for the proper functioning of the Agency.
- Any other function expressly ordered or delegated by the Board of Directors, in the terms set forth in the statutes.